HELP WANTED Our initiative is in its formative stages and requires the assistance of some skilled volunteers that may be encouraged and assisted in doing post graduate research projects or just working alongside us.
Anyone with experience and skills in marine operations is encouraged to contact us and assist in coordination of our five year program.
Help yourselves in developing innovative skills and help your community in creating sustainable solutions that can really count in monitoring and maintaining navigation channels and sustainable sandy beaches.
Developing the skills needed to locate areas where relatively benign minimal intervention may pre-empt the necessity of larger scale future problems.
Persons who have a serious sailing/boating/surfing/diving interest may find these tasks particularly relevant to enhancing amenity for their respective communities.
Undergraduate projects of smaller scale may also be encouraged where the capability and motivation demonstrates merit.
1. Civil/coastal engineers/ geomorphologists interested in developing a really good understanding of fluvial process's in channels and near shore on beaches by intensive monitoring/data collection/3d visualization and evaluating strategies for "nip" and "tuck" of sandbank irregularities on a constant basis with a inbuilt feedback evaluation process for continual improvement of effects.
2. Surveyors interested in hydrographic work involving developing low cost real time data collection and visualization to enable constant short term feedback of information to be evaluated, understood and acted upon. Again continual evaluation for improvement of effects.
3. Marine /mechanical engineers capable and interested in innovative designs in the marine environment.
4. An accountant/economist that is skilled in building financial models for the framework of business plans - yes this is intended to develop into a sustainable not-for-profit business model that pays it way and solves by developing good understanding and minimal intervention at low cost. Also a lawyer to assist with general administration ,management and governance of our nfp ngo organisation.
5...Any other qualified skills that are useful in a marine workplace compliant with all OH&S requirements.
6. Any assistance that can be given with secure storage and vessel relocation/launching are also required on a “loan” basis until a business model and incoming funds can justify payment.
If you are interested and think that you can help make a real difference in an area of constant change and constant grief for users -coastal and channel dynamics please enquire using the email from at the "email" page.